This year I wanted to challenge myself to go beyond my comfort zone, I want to try new things, read more and most importantly follow my passion. The key point to all this is to take it step by step and not rush it.
As a start a picked up an amazing book called“the Happiness project” by Gretchen Rubin. Basically its about a challenge Gretchen has taken to herself to develop a 12-month happiness project which will help her boost her happiness. The book really inspired me to look at my life and see “Am I really happy?”. It’s really hard to answer this question since there are many aspects to happiness.
While reading noted down some statements which really inspired me and were eye opening;
- Have courage.
- Own little, and be grateful for what you have.
- Speak kindly, or don’t speak at all, silence in the face of anger is wisdom.
- Acknowledge people’s emotions. Don’t fight it, embrace it with understanding.
- Kids are kids, don’t expect them to think the same way as you do.
- Life is short, you will be judged anyway, so do what you ought to do.
- Take care of your emotion, before letting any of them go out, take a deep breath and be moderate. Don’t overdo regardless what is the situation is.
- Lower your expectation from other people, don’t anticipate praise or application, do it for yourself.
- Life isn’t expected to go right, so accept what comes and adjust it if you can.
- Be patient.
- Acknowledge the things you enjoy, not what you wish you enjoyed.
- Try doing something you enjoyed doing when you were 10 years old.
- You can do anything but you can’t do everything.
- What you wish to be is not what you want to be, think about it.
- Be in peace with yourself.
- Remember, you attitude can make you see the world in a different perspective.
- Don’t gossip about people, what you say about others will eventually stick to you.
- Don’t feel bad about spending money for you own benefit, it’s alright to be selfish sometimes.
- Money does not bring happiness, but spending it wisely can.
- Owning more of the things you love doesn’t always brings happiness.
- Give up on something for your own happiness.
- Recognize your passion.
- Don’t always explain yourself, people will only hear what they want.
- You can’t change people’s attitude, but you change yours.
- Don’t take things personally, you have the choice to accept it or not.
- You don’t need people to tell you what you can and can’t do.
- Love yourself.
You can check the book through this link.
I hope you enjoyed this post.
Good bye for now