Disclaimer: I do not own this recipe as its from an Instagram account: omaziz_kitchen , by which I enjoyed creating this recipe and thought of sharing it in my account and translating it from Arabic.
I staring a series of posts where I will be sharing recipes I have enjoyed making and creating.
In this post I will be sharing a coconut cake recipe which I really loved! It taste so coconutty, not too sweet, just perfect!
- 2 cups and a half flour
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 4 eggs*
- 1 cup and 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup yogurt*
- 1/2 cup coconut milk*
- few drops of vanilla essence
*make sure that all your ingredients are room temperature
Cake sauce ingredients:
- 6 Tbsp of cream cheese or 6 blocks of Kiri cheese
- 1 cup of condensed milk
- Tbsp cream
- 1/4 coconut milk
Mix ’em all up! easy
- First of all preheat your oven to 18o Celsius
- Mix the flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl.Then add to that the grated coconut and the fresh grated coconut , and keep the bowl aside
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar and egg with an electrical mixture until the mixture is pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes, and add the vanilla essence.
- Into the sugar and egg mixture, while beating add the oil and yogurt and mix until its homogeneous.
- Next, alternate adding flour mixture and the coconut milk into the sugar/egg/oil/yogurt mixture
- Once that’s done, pour it into the cake pan and bake it for 55 minutes
- When the cake is done, let it cool completely before adding the sauce it on the cake
**I did something extra which was sautéing some grated coconut and topping it after the sauce
And that’s all! I hope you enjoy it and if you try it out please share with me your review. I have baked it twice now and so far its been pleasing everyone!
Have a lovely day