Disclaimer: I do not own this recipe as its from an Instagram account: omaziz_kitchen , by which I enjoyed creating this recipe and thought of sharing it in my account and translating it from Arabic.
In this post I will be sharing a blue berry cake recipe which I find it perrrrfect for summer! so lets start!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup and 1/2 sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 100g butter (soften)
- 3/4 cup Laban
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp blue berry jam
- 1 cup and 1/2 frozen blue berry (room temp.)
- First of all preheat your oven to 18o Celsius
- Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.Keep the bowl aside
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar and butter for around 5 minutes (OK, here what I personally done, I had a hard time beating the butter and sugar, it turned to be crumbly. So i grabbed a spatula and pressed the butter and sugar until it became all creamy and smooth. So try the first way, if it didnt, use the spatula!)
- Then add one egg at a time making sure its well mixed together.
- when done with the eggs, add the Laban and the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar-egg mixture alternatively, making sure its well mixed and there are no lumps.
- then fold the blue berry jam and the frozen blue berries into the mixture.
- Once that’s done, pour it into the cake pan and bake it for 1 hour (I found it well in 50 minutes, but insert a fork to make sure its well baked)
- When the cake is done, let it cool completely before enjoying it!
And that’s all! I hope you enjoy it and if you try it out please share with me your review.
Bye and happy baking!